Thursday, June 17, 2010

How do you pack for 2 years!?

I know there's a packing list (got a kick out of the palm pilot recommendation...really a palm pilot?). But how in the hell does one pack for two years?

My gut says pack light. Everything I'll need can be bought over there...I think?

Do I take my ipod or is that just going to get stolen? My radio? Two bags or just one?

One other thing that slightly bothers me are those teva sandal things (see right). I don't know why but there's something about em that makes me want to avoid them. Teva flip flops are great, super comfy but the ones with the straps...chacos? I know they're useful, and I'm not judging anyone who has them, I have many a friend who wear those on the daily...buuuuut they just scream "I'm not from around here!" Regardless of how hard I'll try to blend in, I'm going to stand out like a sore thumb down there but I bet these are a dead give away...so I'm trying to find an alternative. How about a standard flip flop? Who knows, I could totally be eating my words in a couple months and join the band wagon. Perhaps there are some PCVers that can attest to how incredibly handy these shoes are and help me cross over to Chaco world.

Anyway, in my mind I'm thinking, whatever fits in my pack goes and whatever doesn't will stay.

It's crazy to sift through all the things you think you "need". When it all boils down, I guess the only real essentials are shirts, pants, undies some sort of shoe and a toothbrush.

No comments:

Post a Comment