Friday, June 11, 2010

Speaking Out Loud

I'm still in disbelief. I don't think it's hit me yet that I'm going to Guatemala in two months!! Even when I say it out loud to people it still hasn't sunk in. Yesterday was the official day of letting everyone know. The hardest thing was telling work. I've never quit a job before (I hate that word quitting...it's not like I suddenly got fet up. I'm just moving on). You never think about it but how in the world do you quit your job? Especially at a small company? It's so awkward! Hi boss ps I'm leaving. Maybe I just hate confrontation that much that only I think it's awkward. Either way, my boss came into my office and gave me a big hug and said she's sad but also so happy for me. That's the perfect response! It reminded of why I got so excited when I joined my company in the first place. My boss (who is a woman and founder of the company, hell yea!) has done some really cool traveling (climbed Kili!) and I think also shares my interest in travel (or at least we share a love for Tanzania).

I think it took me a while to send the email. I wrote it. Deleted it. Wrote it. Got up to just tell her in person. Wrote it. Sent a draft to my boyfriend and some friends. Almost clicked send. Waited. Then FINALLY clicked send and held my breath for a moment.

Then on to the parents...except my mom found out before I even told her! It's all my fault (sorry mom!) because I was waiting to tell my parents until after my sister's graduation.

Then the last thing to make it official...Facebook. Oh yes you know it's true...nothing's official until you post it on Facebook haha

But anyway, just a disclaimer to everyone. If I randomly break out in tears it's because I'm really happy but also sad to say goodbye and any little thing will trigger that thought. Just gotta keep remembering that's it's not a goodbye but an hasta luego! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment